3.13.2019

WOYWW #510 {crafters Companion die}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
So, I have a few (less than a handful) of crafters companion dies. and I really have not figured them out. ( how to get what I seen someone else do that made me feel like I wanted that die.) ( I have the one that looks like a brick wall too) in this ones case, I like the card on the front of the package. the discard on the right was cut twice in the big shot and it jumped so, its headed for the trash. the one on the left has been cut 12 (yes, you read that right) passes through the big shot back and forth spun this way spun that way and it is not all the way cut out but, it is possible that I can poke out the ones in the center that just do not seem to make contact with the rollers. ( or what ever the technical difficulty was) so, that second attempt, I did use both wax paper and I used a metal cut sheet between the die and the cut pad for the machine too.
so, then it will be a matter of what the heck do I do with the split frames?
( no clue) but, this is the puzzle I am working on at the moment. I am procrastinating making my this weeks IC sample.
the DOX pad is out from last week's inspiration card and the reinkers are out from the traveling ink VSN challenge. That is the first Celtic Cross card in that post if you go looking. and peeking in from the left is a sliver of the newest Pottery Barn catalog that has gorgeous colors on it.
That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by. 

9 comments:

Helen said...

sorry you're having trouble with your die cutting. I don't have any Crafters Companion dies in my collection. Your comment on my blog made me smile, I said exact same thing about my spending to a friend yesterday! someone has to keep the firms going! Helen #4

Julia Dunnit said...

Gotta hand it to Pottery Barn (and Anthropologie), the catalogues are a feast for the eyes! Sorry to read about the die cutting probs. I have to admit to have a couple of Crafter’s Companion that are absolutely useless and I’ve given up with them. Shopkeeper Gal has a Gemini cutting machine and they cut in that without any trouble. Infuriating. Not surprised you’re procrastinating other stuff, it’s hateful being beaten by a die!!

Sarah Brennan said...

I sometimes think that some of the Crafters Companion dies are made to only cut properly in the Gemini in order to sell the machine. I am afraid that I would be tempted to send it back if it won't cut after 12 attempts in another machine Stacey. Hope you get over the procrastinating soon lol. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I share your frustration when something you thought was going to be great doesn't deliver...not dies with me but other crafts. The gals above don't seem to rate the CC dies, maybe it's time to call it a day with them and move on. Find something else that makes you happy and maybe the procrastination will end!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I have this die myself and use the big shot foldaway machine and didn't have any problems with it but off hand can't remember the sandwich I used. I will try it again later today and get back to you. Maybe it's a bad die. You must be really fed up with it so sending you hugs, Angela x15x

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Sorry you are having so much trouble with this die. I have it too, and have used it in my Gemini machine - but whether I used it in the big shot I previously had I honestly can't remember. I know I had one die from CC that took 16 passes through the big shot and still hadn't cut the centre. I remember adding some extra shims (simply bits of paper or card with torn edges) to various points on the die - it was no good putting a shim all over it as that just made the whole thing equally thicker all over. Once I thickened up the worst bits most of it worked - but yes, it was frustrating! I wrote to CC complaining and sent the die back They tried it out and said it worked perfectly and sent me some ideas on thickness of card to use etc. The biggest problem is these dies are lovely, and actually make the most beautiful cards - it's why we spend so much money on them!! - 'cos they ain't cheap!. CC suggested 240gsm card with small shims in several places for the die I had so much trouble with. They, of course, used their own card - Wedding Ivory shimmery card. Most of us simply use whatever we want, don't we?! If you still get stuck email me at margaret(dot)diddanfa(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll do one whilst taking photos then email them to you...I confess I would be doing it on the Gemini as I sold my big shot last year. Hope you have success.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Charlotte said...

Well, I finally bought the right thing.....the small from (Sizzix) die cut machine...it will only take 2 1/2 wide paper but it works great, perhaps because it is new so I have not been it to death! I get them from Tuesday Morning Store on Sale...way over priced if not on sale or clerance. It is perfect for all those pesky small or thin dies and is easy to travel with. Good luck hope this helps. Charlotte Bullock

Marit said...

Your trouble with the dies sound like abacadraba to me... I have no experience with that but I wish you luck! Have a wonderful, cosy and relaxing Sunday! Hug from Holland. Marit #19

glitter said...

I have given up with cc dies three have gone in the bin after numerous passes in my big shot they either don't cut or won't come out of the die. Hope you have more luck