3.29.2019

Inspired By {snurk}

This week Stef is guest hosting the Inspiration Challenge and she has chosen the Snurk store online.
When I first started poking around in the store I did the usual and looked at the linens and happened to click on a long version of a staged room shot for the bedding seen below and what struck me instantly was the bright purple flowers hanging on the wall and the exposed bricks and my mind was off and running. So, over the last two weeks I have managed to use both of the Floral images I have been hoarding for so long I had forgotten I was gifted with them, last week it was the potted Geranium. This week is the PSX Heather image that was gifted to me from Chautona Havig.

 I have never seen Heather growing but, I had assumed it is a shade of purples and greens. So, that is the way my mind went and my bricks are a little on the yellow tinged side but, I think you get the idea here. I did rub some Distress Oxide vintage photo and spiced marmalade over the embossed basic grey print to add more color to it, cut it out with scissors and then cut off one corner so I could have it peek out from two corners under the bloom.

 While I was pushing these pieces around I did play with having the flower hang upside down because I could have tucked the Gina K sentiment over the stamped floral names in the image and in the end I decided to leave it like this and tell you it is more along the lines of an inspired by piece than an true CASE. The flower was colored with polychromos & prisma pencils and the frame is a Poppy Stamps double stitched frame die, This is up on foam pop dots over the brick layer and this card finished out at A7 in real life.

You can find this bedding here in their store. And you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Chautona said...

It's beautiful! You make me want to get inky!!!