3.11.2019

Recent Projects

This is something silly I did based on a memory of one of the first interent jokes I ever received in a email a long time ago. it was a photograph of an ostreich peeking in from the top corner of the screen and the words said something like just peeking in to see how you are doing. The bird here is from Katzlekraft and colored with pencils. the sentiment is from Club Scrap)

There was a try a new technique challenge not too long ago (last week?) to ink your embossing folder and and then stamp on your embossing folder to have it print with some depth, the parts that are raised resisted the stamped image. so, the falling snow on this after that was done have some white gel pen on the dots as this was an off white cardstock. I really do not have that many embossing folders that have open space on them to stamp an image on. the tutorial uses trees, and I do have that but, I wanted to see what else I could come up with.

My insurance agent needed a sympathy card not too long ago so, I made a couple quick ones to boost up his choices. the sentiments on both of these are from the Simon Says Stamp Moments of grace set.

They are both 6" square in real life.

There was an "under the weather" Clean and Simple challenge recently and so, I had grabbed this Coronado Island Stamping ocean ballet stamp and added some color slightly with pencils to the rays, water and orca's. the sentiment is from Altenew.

There was a free for all to use flowers recently. and so, This image live love laugh mailboxes is from Impression Obsession and the sentiment is from Club Scrap.

The featured stamper a week ago was Olga and I chose this card of her's to try and CASE. The Baby stamp here is from PSX and was heat embossed on the blue and then I used some markers to color it just slightly. the frilly mat is an Spellbinders die called Devine Eloquence, the flowers are prima ones.

Now last week there was a Three in a Row challenge for the clean and simple one and I started making the card on the right. and when it was done I decided it had too many layers to be clean...


So, I grabbed the drop pieces and inked them a little and added this Power Poppy sentiment to the row. This one is A2 in real life.

A closer look at the other one. the butterflies were cut with the Hero Arts nested ones and the corrugate was done with the SU embossing folder. This one is A6 in real life.

The free for all this last friday was to chose a card from your own galleries first page and recreate it.
and I kept coming back to this birthday card with the shadowbox card tutorial and grabbed a couple of scraps to see about how to score and cut and then decided this dog would fit through the window opening and then I had to laugh when I went to cross link them as the birthday card was mostly green too haha. that was not intentional.
That's about it for me right now, I do have some VSN mini cards to share and this weeks Inspiration that will follow this post. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: