3.20.2019

WOYWW#511 {a few things}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So, I had a dr. visit for my ears ( if you didn't know I am completely deaf and have bilateral cochlear implants) and my dr. is about a 5 1/2 hour drive from my house. So, when we go we tend to go early and spend the day before shopping in that city and eating at places they don't have at home. and I knew I need a Quickbooks 2019 book and that there was a Barnes & Nobles bookstore not far from the hotel and walking through the shopping center we came across a Paper Source store (before it was open) and of course we had to walk past it leaving the book store on the way back to the truck so, yes some envelopes followed me home.

 the book I want is not out yet but, these just jumped up in my hands as I was walking around watching hubs thumb through books.
We don't have a book store here where we live anymore and most of our books are bought online so, it was fun to poke through them in person. The one on the bottom is a "journaling" magazine I think maybe art journals. ( I liked the colors on the cover) I have not thumbed through that yet.

 So, I am almost embarrassed to show you this. this is the corner of that room above the garage where you get a glimpse of the plastic table I stand to stamp at. on the floor on the left is the box of stamped cling stamps waiting to be laminated. Over in the corner are metal file cabinets holding stamps and papers and such. and you see that box on the top? (it is a crafters companion jr. electronic cutter) I have taken it out of the box exactly one time. there are no plug ins up here with easy access the lights on the table turn on from extension cords on the floor.
so, for me to use it I pretty much have to take it down the stairs to a counter. and I forget about it. until I read all the comments that those dies work better in those machines. ( slaps forehead shoulda had a V8 moment)
at any rate I did use a piercing tool to pop out the parts that did not cut completely that I showed you last week (this is the same piece) and then I cut it a second time with some pale blue card and again poked out the non cutting parts, and I started adding some ink to that) and then I ran out of time messing around with it so, it is just sitting there waiting for me to steal more time to play. the bag is green envelopes from paper source and the box is hero arts last kit of the month that was I think an aquarium type stamps set. I just moved that out of the way to slide the butterflies to the center to shoot that this morning.
Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I#m pleased to see you've had a bit more success with that die, they are not easy. The new books look interesting and hope you manage to get the one you want soon. Wishing you a happy week and a lovely woyww, Angela x11x

Helen said...

looks like you had a good trip, made the most of the journey - great looking books. Helen #3

Caro said...

I do love Barnes and Noble - wish we had them locally. It is always lovely going round a book shop in person. Thanks for sharing. Take care and have a lovely week. With love & God Bless. Caro x (#30)

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am getting rid of most of my older dies as life is just too short to spend hours trying to poke bits out of them. I will just keep the fabulous Clarity Fresh Cut Dies which cut perfectly every time. I like the look of your new book and I am sure it will get used a lot. Hopefully, your appointment went well too. xxx Maggie #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I did not know about your cochlear implants! How amazing that you have them, I hope they've made a big difference. That's a long way to go to see your doctor but I'm glad you managed to fit in a bit of shopping! The golden butterflies are really lovely btw.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

I am glad you finally managed to get that die to play ball Stacy. I must admit that I no longer bother with CC dies. The new ones are so difficult to cut and I refuse to buy yet another die cutting machine just for those. It's good that you manage to combine Doctors visits with some shopping when you have to travel so far. The journaling magazine sounds intriguing. Happy WOYWW. Sraah #4

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy,the die cut is looking good. The most frustrating part is when they don't cut perfectly, I agree. One thing I must mention, don't know if it applies to your CC machine, but there have been warning about very sharp/burred edges on the CC metal shim that ships with some of the machines, so do be careful. Apparently, some people have needed stitches!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #10 X

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m lov8ng the criteria for buying a magazine...liking the colours on the cover..works for me. It’s how I choose books and often, wine! It’s a journey to see your ear Doc isn’t it.. and there was I thinking the 40 minute journey 8nto Southampton to see my neuro and ear time at a combined appointment was a bit inconvenient!! You did well to come away from Paper Source with some envelopes. It would have cost me a truck full of stuff. And I need nothing! LOVE the view of the full length and have to smile about your electronic cutter...it would be the same for me, if you don’t have it plugged in in front of you, it just doesn’t get used! You aren’t alone, so don’t be embarrassed!!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hope all went well with your appointment at the Dr's?
I love creative books if I had a larger house both me & Hubby both say we would have a library as he is as interested in books as I am. Hope you get the one you are waiting for soon but in the meantime enjoy your newly received ones.
Glad you had success eventually with that die. I need to have a good sort through my dies, I know I have lots that I will never use again. A trip to the charity shop needs to be done very soon with a freshly sorted craft stash for them.
Happy WoywW Tracey #7