3.13.2019

VSN Mini

 There was a VSN Mini last friday night and I read through the challenges and made these over the weekend. the first one from Kim, you needed to put re-inkers into a container with some marbles to get the lines of ink. I had worked on the recreate one of your own cards challenge from the free for all last friday and seen this Celtic Cross (our daily bread designs) in my already colored images envelope on the table so, that influenced the color choices for the ink trails.
 A closer look at the cross and the ink trails layer. the sentiment is from SU.

 Misti had a challenge that involved inspiration photos of snacks to pack on a trip and one of the containers had some chlorine soaked "baby" carrots. ( you knew that right? the mfg takes the crooked carrots and grinds them into that baby shape and soaks them in chlorine to bag them up so they don't grow mold so fast since they have cut off the skins.
(ever since I have known that I have always bought carrots with their skins on and peeled them my self)
PSA over. at any rate this Karen Lockhart carrots dress was also already colored and so I just added the Simon Says Stamp sentiment to it really easy peasy.

Lee has a challenge that needs to include an arrow on it. ( the whole VSN is travel themed) so, I knew I had this split arrow stamps from Club scrap and it was just a matter of finding a sentiment to highlight and I ended up using this one from Avery Elle. the painted corrugate was a scrap on the table and I thought it fit with the slightly rustic theme. the scallop border is a MFT die.
 I believe the rest of the VSN will happen in April some time so, there are a couple of weeks to get these Mini ones done and loaded to the gallery if you are going to be playing along in every challenge.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: