10.24.2018

WOYWW #490 {Christmas & Shopping}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 So, this was these cards drip drying on Tuesday after work. I had picked up a package of these smaller ( 4 3/4") "kraft" cardbases with envelopes at Hobby Lobby a while back to try them, they are really not a sturdy enough piece to be a cardbase but, the color reminds me of the "recollections" kraft from Micheals and they both have that rough paper grocery shopping bag feel and are very porous and flimsy for a base. that being said, I do like the color and decided to mess around making some snow scenes. The trees here were heat embossed with some Sage ranger powder and the deer is an Impression Obsession die (the set with three in it) I did the deer on Neenah desert storm (twice) and stacked and inked it with some vintage photo oxide ink.

 Sometime after last wednesday I had put in an order in at Frantic Stamper because, she had sent out a tease that there were new Katzelkraft stamps in the store, I think all the ones I picked up are older ones but, that's OK I think they all have fun face expressions. and pair well with funny sentiments.
I find it easier to use some of the very sarcastic ones with animals rather than people images.
.
 Last week when I was out of town for work made a pit stop at a craft store and these dies followed me home. the moose and tree is a bunch of teeny dies. ( not solid pieces so, you have to paper piece it) I have not cut either of the TH dies, just the hero arts one, and that particular one I did not cut the snowflake piece from the tag and I used the one I had cut apart months ago with the deer rubbing noses on it for a backing.

 This is how the first card finished out. the sentiment is from Concord & 9th heat embossed with some SU pewter powder. I did line the insides of these with Neenah solar white 110# to give them some stability.

And I decided it needed more color this design so, I stuck in a Memory Box cardinal diecut done on some red shimmer and used a Hero Arts sentiment cut with a MFT slanted sentiment die on this one.
The snow on both of these is a combination of snowtex and a white gel pen. There are about 22 more creating days between now and the booth and really I am in good shape. ( I tell my self that all the time) but, I continue to create things up to the last minute anyways. (every year)
oh, and its not the fact that it's a christian school where this happens, its in their contract for vendors not to have alcohol, sexy things, hmmm, profane things trying to remember the verbiage. but, the gist of it is no "adult" things. So, that is why the "wine" gift tags may not be very well received. I am not that much of a rule breaker as far as things like that go. I have gotten away with sarcastic things but, all the ones I do are more along the lines of what you see from say a Dylusions set rather than just off colored words. Anyways, thanks for stopping by. 

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the texture and layers of those cards Stacy. Hope you get away with your sarky sentiments! Sarah #3

Lindart said...

I love the addition of the Cardinal to the Christmas card - it really pops and makes the card! Have fun with your new dies! Have a great week, Lindart #28

Helen said...

I love your cards!! I saw some nice new dies released but haven't bought them (yet!) I really need to get back on with my Christmas cards, too, maybe once I've finished visiting desks..... Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I like the look of the craft card bases. Never used them myself, but your cards look great, so maybe an idea I will borrow! I want to finish all my cards for work, and then I'll make a start on Christmas cards! Thanks for stopping by earlier and have a lovely week Heather x #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great card ideas Stacy. Loving the new dies and those birds are so much fun. Have a lovely creative week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I absolutely LOVE the kraft cards - they're the ones I'd buy in a shop to send to my friends at Christmas!!
Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

Marit said...

I love the feel of kraft paper, and it looks fantastic! The red cardinal finishes the last card you show off, wonderful. Happy woyww and a big hug from Holland. Marit #19

Kelly said...

Great cards, Stacy. I love how things just follow us home. They're like stray kittens and puppies. You just can't turn them away... not when they make us so happy :-D Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I agree about the snarky sentiments and animals. I have some of the Dylusions ones, but never used them on cards yet, so that may be the answer. I think the wine tags should pass- adults often give gifts of wine, don't they?Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X