10.26.2018

Inspired by {studioE fabrics}

This week Brenda has chosen the StudioE fabric's site for the inspiration destination and I landed on this Garnet piece because, I knew I had this new cranberry powder to play with.
 This is a really old Stampin' Up Stamp from their set called "joy" believe it or not, and my dad's mama's nick name was Joy so, I have a collection of stamps that say that on them. I think of her every time I use any of them and so, I had the idea this one would look super in the cranberry color.
I did color the spots that were not heat embossed with markers. the yellow is not so bright in real life but, reds are a funny thing to photograph so, getting the burgundy adjusted to the right color on my monitor threw the gold off to yellow. such is life. I was trying for a rich hmmm what's the word oh jewel tones type of a look. the green frame was cut from some Carta bella paper (this year) and I "think" that burgundy may be Basic Grey. ( I lose track) the brighter green was a scrap but, some other Christmas paper scrap from a few years ago. The base on this card is that new SU seafoam.


 A closer look at the stamping, I did cut this wish scissors.

and a Peek at the fabric, you can see that here in their store. You can find this challenge in the Inspiration thread here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Stacy, the "JOY" sentiment on your card is gorgeous and colored beautifully with perfect designer paper! I love that you picked a solid color of fabric for your inspiration!

Kia's Place said...

Such a beautiful card and stamp Stacy. So much detail, just beautiful.

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, this card is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the "joy" sentiment stamp and how you've colored it. It's so rich with the jewel tones and the wonderful "frame" with the DP you've used. I totally LOVE it!! Hugs and love! xoxo