10.23.2018

Christmas Cards


Sabrina has a challenge this week to do a simple framing with either the center counter sunk or popped up above the frame. ( so, its a seamless look with dimension) And I had these gnomes out to color and did a couple and thought that would be a easy thing to do. I did cut the gnome (Reverse Confetti) out with scissors and because of that I did whack off the star in the curl of the hat, On purpose with the thought that I could always do one on the base and paper piece it back in, that is the way I roll for little bitty things like that. So that is how it is on the one is stamped direct to the tag and paper pieced onto that so, the star is counter sunk from the rest of him) On this card which is 4 3/4" square the frame was cut with a Simon Says Stamp stitched square die, the top speech bubble die is from paper smooches and that sentiment comes in the RC set, the bottom sentiment is from the Hero Arts offbeat holiday messages set and the one off to the left is from the SU tags till Christmas set and it was glued inside after this was shot. its hard to see but, there is a little bit of glitter gel pen on his clothes were the starts are.
 and a tag.

 This was just I had this cardbase laying around that had been run through a sizzix Basic Grey folder and I have piles of tags sitting here and thought well why not, I like this quirky tree's in this print.

 What ever day I was doing the quilt cards these got finished the day after that and so, I just never got around to posting them. the sentiment is from Penny Black and the quilt is from My Favorite Things.

This one the Noel die is from Echo Park. and all of these are in the suitcase headed to the booth. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Linda Matthews said...

Stacy, If you hadn't mentioned the star was missing on the gnome's cap, I would have figured you planned on the stamped image to look like it was on the first card. Sometimes our mistakes wind up being our favorite cards.