10.10.2018

WOYWW # 488 {Piles = Busy}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

So, these are not stagged shots... this is really how it looks when I am working. I just generally make time to clean between projects and right now at this time of year that does not happen until the piles slide off and hit the floor. ( which is a close thing but, not happening yet) Okay, the packaged of new coffee cups hit the floor so it went to the closet but, the bitty pieces are not sliding off as of yet.
late Sunday night and Monday after work I altered some sacks for the booth ( seen here ) and I stamped off some different sentiments and have as of yet not die cut them into shapes. ( I use versafine and I need to let it sit 24 hours or so in cold weather for it to not smear off on the dies or the bigshot.

 the papers on the paper cutter I think are going to go on more sacks ( later )

 somewhere in the middle of altering sacks I got the bright idea that I should finally cut this quilt die ( My Favorite Things) and maybe add some of these to sacks or card fronts for Christmas.
Since I do not make real quilts from fabric the really only idea I have about this is keep the scale small and random. So far my flower prints for Christmas are too big. ( I tend to not like stripes that do not line up perfectly and so the pieces you see here are mostly just sitting there and being pushed around, the dot paper the scale is not printed just so that the dots line up with the stitching of the die perfectly. ( not sure I like that) at any rate I have a ton of paper and I am just happily chopping some up.

to the left of that, are hmph, new things I have not played with ( that you cannot see because, I buried them) sizzix plastic envelopes of previously stamped and diecut sentiments that went onto some of those cups and sacks, rolls of strings and cords. way past all that are a few cups that got paper and did not get assembled as of yet, in the bag of candy there are exactly 3 pieces left to do one more cup. ( I need to buy more candy to keep going which is why I ended up switching to sacks) if your curious how the cups turned out they can be seen in this blog post here. That printed paper on the top I think is gong to be my Inspiration card this weekend. ( we shall see, the colors are right for the piece I picked anyways :)  )
Okay so, I think that is about it for me, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love all the shots of your desk. And that quilt die- fabulous! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Claire said...

I confess seeing your desk, Stacy, makes me think my messy desk isn't too bad after all! {heehee}
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no.1

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. You are incredibly busy at the moment - and I admire your courage in showing your desk mid-session. I confess to having chickened out and having a after-tidying picture!!! Mind you - the mess on my desk was so great I couldn't even find my camera in it!! I have looked at your bags and your cups - they are just great!! Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my Stacy, this is bringing the memory of last Christmas card making and a reminder of what I have to look forward to. I'm hoping to be a little more organised this year.. but we shall see. Look forward to seeing those finished cards and how the quilt card works out.
Happy WOYWW Tracey #6

Helen said...

wow, that is one busy desk! hope you manage to keep it all on the desk and not on the floor! Helen #2

Julia Dunnit said...

Love it all ! If I was around you, I’d snap up some of those cups, they just look great. I get what you mean about the quilt die, I like the idea of small and random to be honest, and it will help with the using up stuff thing! The spots and stitches not being aligned would sort of annoy me, but I would try really hard to let it go, because I bet they’ll otherwise look great!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I can so relate to this desk. I love making Christmas stuff but it does seem to get everywhere. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x13x

Sharon Madson said...

Stacy, you are so busy! Lots of stacks, and lots going on. One thing I learned from you is don’t try to die cut my sentiments too quickly! I have smeared a lot of the ! #28

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, love the comment about piles hitting the floor, that's my worst nightmare! Ok I felt bad about my craft room this week, but now I don't feel quite so bad! You sure have a lot going on there, but kind of organised chaos. I so want to make a quilt for my granddaughter, but not quite plucked up the courage yet - may be next year! Have a lovely week Heather x #27

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, you have got a lot on the go. Hope you manage to finish before everything hits the floor lol. Have a good week. Sarah #3

Lindart said...

Hi Stacy! I absolutely LOVE those little cups! Where did you get them? They would be perfect for my co-workers! Your desk looks lovely and busy! I love the quilt cards-in-progress! Thank you for your visit to my blog. I grew up in CA and so it took me a long time to get used to Thanksgiving so early, but it actually is really go to have a lot of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, as we have turkey at both occasions! So it's now a "treat" for both occasions. Sorry I'm so late, it's been a crazy week! Lindart #23

Lindart said...

Thanks for the links, Stacy! Lindart