10.05.2018

Inspired by {photoargus}

This week Julie has sent us looking for inspiration inside the Photo Argus site and it did not take me long to find this shot of the rainbow of fall leaves on the board.

I decided right off the bat I would do a skinny row of leaves on wood and when I found a skinny rectangle die ( waffle flower A7 lacy layers die) it ended up being too short to do a full length card so, I then started poking around in my leaf stamps and none of them had the right size scale so, when I found this mini lawn fawn stitched leaf would work I ended up going with the three odd leaves instead of the whole 5 shades. each of the leaves have distress oxide inks on the edges as does the woodgrain. That sentiment is from the Carta Bella gather together set done with some Versafine on a MFT stitched banner die and the bitty brads are from Recollections. I used some Neenah desert storm card for the woodgrain and its more of a kraft color in real life, and the vintage photo ink really warmed up the tones of that a lot more than I had anticipated but, I do like how it turned out.  I have had this very detailed Stampin' Up wood grain embossing folder since it came out and it really scared me to run this through my big shot, I finally got it to work only using one cut plate and removing the thin plate that is for skinny metal dies, I did not force it at any of the other ways I tried it, when it would hit bottom under the roller I just backed it off and removed plates until this would flow freely under the bar, and at first I was not sure it was even working because, it did not have as much pressure as say a sizzix steel ruled die would but, it did and it worked. whew. because, I bought a few more of them behind this one and I have seriously not used any of them as of yet.

You can find a direct link to this inspiration shot here in their site  
and you can find a link to this challenge here inside Splitcoaststampers. Happy World card making day and thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: