1.06.2023

Inspired by {Vintage Graph}

 This is a round about story, being on the teams for both the Inspiration challenge and the Watercolor challenge we know what they will be ahead of time to make samples. And this week the Watercoloring challenge used this video from Noteable Ink. All the video's tend to have a finished piece shot at the beginning of them and what caught my eye on the first glimpse of this video was the tiny mop up panel to the right. and I thought, OK you could do that. and so, there were challenges last week. For making a project inspired by a clock for the Inspiration. And the free for all was to do a recipe / kitchen related cooking project. And I knew that I needed a mop up panel for this week. 

So I deliberately made these panels on the glass mat and let the water and paint land on it. 

Second layer of paints.

The background panel on the recipe card. 


And after doing three panels, I decided there was enough paint on the glass mat to make a mop up panel. wrong.


that is all the paint I mopped up. So, I said to my self I guess you will fake it until you make it.


So I dumped a bunch more paint ( same colors) and water onto the mop up panel and 


smeared it around a bit and ta-da a mop up panel. At this point I went back to the video for the watercolor challenge and watched it again, and realized. it was a make snow with embossing powder and your blue watercolor paints challenge so... I did not have a sample for the watercolor challenge and I set this aside. And then I moved on to looking at the next Inspiration challenge site and found you are going to laugh. This pin of the Grand Canyon National Park and I started to laugh, I am sure that the colors caught my eye just because, I had totally screwed this WC challenge up. and I thought well, you may as well just do it. 

which leaves me with this simple card, for $20 I'll falsify your birth certificate. Happy Birthday. That sentiment is from Conners Collectibles and This was die cut with a time for tea wide stitched frame die that I embedded back into it self. the base is an unknown pale grey and this one finished out at A6 in real life. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. :) Thanks for stopping by.






No comments: