1.31.2023

Watercoloring Valentines

 This week Kia has shared with us this video from Maria Raczynska, that has 3 different Valentines day card ideas in watercolor. I did choose the middle one with the negative painted hearts and stitched doodled looking hearts between them. So, I started this with stamping the painting bunny by Ann-ticipations on some cold press Arches watercolor paper. and I did free hand the space where the heart would go with the paint brush. ( and I probably should have stamped the sentiment before I painted the background, as the one I chose from Impression Obsession is a retired rubber one and I got the I right in the shadow of the heart where the brush was. ( you know after all the paint was dry ) 

first round of paints wet.

more paints, tried making the ground be a shadow-y purple-ish shade to not distract from the bunny much. 

When I drew the first tiny heart with the bleed proof white I had left it open and I quite liked that effect and then I made my stitches go straight down, and then I add-libbed some leaves... and that made the rest of them become a stitched quilted look of blooms growing along the bottom edge. 

A look at the inside. that sentiment is from Riley & Co. This card finished out at A7 in real life. I am still on the fence about all the purple in the background.  ( I think it makes the bunny blend into the background too much.) but, that's OK You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers if you'd like to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

I just mounted this flush to some textured dark pink Bazzill which finished out at A7 when it was all said and done.




No comments: