1.31.2023

Dirty Dozen February card sample

 Painting This one was a longer process than I thought it would be. (It's been 20 some odd degrees colder than normal the last little while so, paint takes longer to dry) I picked this stamp to use for this month's Dirty Dozen Christmas cards prompt found here inside the special forums set aside for Fan Club members at Splitcoaststampers. 

I stamped this Stampendous Candle Chorus House Mouse stamp with Versafine grey ink on Arches cold press wc paper and painted the first layer of "sky" hoping to end up with a night sky. 

This red is Windsor & Newton red. ( it is really red to me, the darker shades of it has a smidge of green mixed in) added some shadows to the snowy ground. ( Or I think it is supposed to be snowy ground, that sounded better in my head than dirt) :)

another round of paints on the candles, sky and a bit on the mice.

more paint on the mice, bird, wicks 


 I probably could have kept adding paint to this for a couple more days but, I needed the sample to go live tonight. So, this afternoon after work I put some stickles glitter glue on the snow. 


I had intended to stamp an old PSX candle sentiment on the inside but, that stamp is being camera shy and I decided to open this Simon Says Stamp Christmas Blessings Stamptember set I had picked up last year and have not inked as of yet. (yes, I probably have more sentiment stamps than images... but, that does not stop me from buying more)(and its not one of the sold out sets if you are interested)  and then today I had some happy mail. 


My friend June gave me some of this Tim Holtz velvet ribbon as a gift and I had googled ribbon sliders one day, I know I have some plain Making Memories ones that are like silver ( those are also hiding) but, I found this pack of hearts, squares and circles on Amazon a while back and they came today. I was hoping they were going to be just a tad smaller than they are to use with this velvet but, this does not look too big. So, some of that made it onto the card front too. I have heard of people using alcohol inks to change the colors of these but, I just wanted the sparkle.

The velvet is so thick though, that wrapping it around the wc paper, it does not allow the wc paper to hit the front of the card base on the bottom so, I am debating about putting some double sided foam tape under the wc paper between it and the base. ( the thing is with it being so cold here and the plastic content in Bazzill papers, I have a little bit of wiggle room for moving things.) if it was hot I would not even try it. That's about it from me, I hope you are doing well & thanks for stopping by.








No comments: