1.20.2023

Inspired by { Frankie Print Co}

 This weeks inspiration destination was suggested by Angie Bode (ohmypaper!) And that was such a help to me. While I was poking around in their Pinterest boards I came across this color combo and thought Christmas. I know right? ( totally not what I would do for Christmas) 

 and then I added in a POP of Red. and thought ok that is too much red.

I had recently decided to take a chance on a generic embossing folder sold on Etsy and Amazon. I do not know if it is a knock off stolen design or not. ( I spent months before I plunked down the money looking through known mfg sites for something similar) the closest things I have seen are from a co. called Do Crafts X cuts. ( they print the black on the top layer of their folders and do some in Square formats )

So I ran that sheet of printed lace paper through it in the big shot and it ripped the paper. so, I used scissors to remove the wonky scallops off of it and just used the raised stitches as a frame for the Inky Antics Snowman with light strand from Tammy DeYoung. I did paint him with watercolors on that printed paper. Added some antique linen and Vintage photo oxide inks to the edges. roughed up the edges of both it and the star print under it from the Be Merry pad by Couture Creations. The base is Bazzill and the Sentiment is from Altenew Holiday tag sentiments set done in Versafine Pinecone ink.

 
and the turned around it did it again. This version the snowman was stamped on some Arches cotton watercolor paper as I had debated paper piecing it onto the image above and decided at the last minute not to. The sentiment on this one is from the Papertrey ink Just believe set. the green lace is vintage, the burlap string is May Arts the green printed paper is from the Maja Designs Traditional Christmas pack. The white paint on both of these is Dr. PH Martins bleed proof white. 
This one is A6 in real life and the top one is 6" square. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: