1.24.2023

Watercoloring Mountain Reflections

 This week Linda has a video for us to try on youtube from Julia Lis Art doing a mountain scene reflection.

So, it starts out with wet the back side of the paper then the top then start the base layer of paint and let dry. ( this is supposed to make the paper not warp)

Yeah, so this is first layer of paint dried. at this point I decided to just keep painting on the top of the paper and did not bother to wet the back side again after that first round.

Second layer of paints.

Evidently I did not shoot the other layers of paint as they were happening. one thing about this was there was an add more trees to the beach and I did have too much water on the brush that round so my closest trees ended up as a brown blur. ha ha. If I were to try this again, I'd probably make mountains that look more like what I see out my window. I thought the blue mountain was hard because, I do not have a visual in my head for what it "should" look like. So, this was a memory game thing from what I remembered about the video.

 The sentiment here is from Hero Arts, This was stamped with some versafine after all the paint was very dry. The base here is something aqua blue ish from Hobby Lobby in an A7 size. We did give this to his dad for his birthday today and he seemed to like it. 

If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: