1.27.2023

Inspired by {Mud Pie}

 This week Amy has shared with us the Mud Pie site & Pinterest Boards where I came across this pin on the same weekend that had started making "Galentines" cards. (it's the day before Valentines to send cards to your gal pals...) (you'd think it would be the day after so that candy would be half price lol...)

Okay back to the card. I had started out flipping through my stamps with "hearts" or scenes with hearts that I could wiggle into becoming "galentine" notecards more or less so, when I seen that baby boy's birthday party color combo I had just seen this Stamps Happen Cat & Hearts Stamp where the index sticker has a mostly Patriotic color combo on it. 


So, I stamped one off on some Arches cotton watercolor paper and painted it with Daniel Smith watercolors ( the red is Windsor & Newton red) tucked in the sentiment from the Taylored Expressions Love everywhere set. The red textured layer is from Provocraft. The stripe print is from a Park Lane pad. The chevron ribbon is unknown as is the red fiber & tiny heart brad. I did use real sewing pinking shears on the water colored panel as it just cuts better than the "deco" scissors. I have a pair dedicated for papers in the drawer. And I think this turned out pretty cute. ( even if it does not look all that much like the shot that jump started it) That's about it from me, I hope you all are doing well. If you'd like to play along with us this challenge can be found here at Splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: