2.03.2023

Inspired by {Running with Sisters}

 This week Julie has chosen Running with Sisters as the destination for Inspiration and they have a collection of Pinterest boards seen here. And without really thinking much about it I did go poking about in those huge ( hundreds of thousands of pins group boards at the bottom of the "saved" boards..) which means who knows who pinned the piece I stopped on to that board. But, I came across these cute kitty printables and loved how soft the fur looked. This is one of those times I really miss how pinterest used to be when it was new and you could you know find something again fairly easily because, it showed you where someone had pinned something. ( what board it was pinned to I mean) 

anyways, what I remembered about it was soft, mostly white with pink and blue.

So, I decided that because what is mostly showing of this kitty is the face I could make this work. The Penny Black Brimming with Love  (retired)was stamped on some cold press Arches cotton watercolor paper with Versafine misty morning (grey) ink and watercolored with Daniel Smith paints. The white spots on the cheeks were done with a White gel pen. I just trimmed that in the paper trimmer. the gingham ribbon is May Arts & the bow is Natural hemp string. The sentiment here is from the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers set done on a blue scrap that was diecut with a stitched rectangle die a long time ago. ( so, I don't know for sure what color that blue is off hand) the Pink scrap is some Papertrey ink sweet blush that was run through the big shot inside a Spellbinders hand drawn scallops embossing folder. The printed paper sheet below all that is from the Melissa Frances 5th avenue pad  (this is really old) and the base is some textured Bazzill which finished out at 6" square in real life. And this will be a two-fer card as I had seen earlier in the week that the monthly theme at Caffeinated Christmas cards is to have hearts on it

 It's not really a "Christmas" card, but I think it could work in a pinch for a thinking of you card any time since I did not go red & white and Valentines with it. That's about it from me, I hope you all are continuing to do well.  If you'd like to play along with the inspiration challenge that can be found here at Splitcoastampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: