9.28.2021

Watercoloring Pumpkins

 This week Pat is guest hosting the Watercolor Wednesday challenge and we are all taking a look at this video here on Youtube So, I started out on the Strathmore practice pad I paint on hoping to get the colors kinda close. ( I used Daniel Smith paints and my color choices were all different 'cept the white gouache ha ha.)

and I thought that doesn't look to bad, hurry up and do one on something loose so it can be a card some day.. so, I drew it again on some Arches cotton paper.


in hindsight I probably should have taped it to a board but, I was thinking I was not going to dump a lot of water on it and maybe it would be "OK" ( that worked until I got to the shadow and then I did it put a lot of water on the bottom and warped it. )

And then I tried to draw leaves because, I had seen they were part of the painting, at least I did it on the scratch one, that did not go well... and then the leaves and stems ended up with either too much water or too big of a brush. so I practiced a few more off to the side before I added some to the card panel. 


I finished this off with a sentiment from the Colorado Craft Co. The artist mini set in the misti so that I could ink it 3 times with some Versafine. This was die cut with a Hero Arts rect die and then its popped up with some foam tape on some Stampin Up mellow moss cardstock. This finished out at A2 in real life. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.



3 comments:

Janice M said...

Wow Stacy!! You drew that? And the water coloring is amazing too! Maybe you need to design some stamps now too! Your blueberries the other week were great too! So very talented my friend!!

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely watercolours Stacey. Angela #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Pumpkins Stacy, love them xxx