9.10.2021

Inspired by {Society Social}

 This week Kia has shared the Society Social pinterest boards and I came across this fairly pastel Bookcase display and it stayed with me every time I flipped through their boards so, I decided to give it a whirl even though the colors are not my usual go to ones. and I am pretty tickled with how pretty this turned out. 

I started out with diecutting this Hero Arts book window die on a sheet of Neenah solar white and then painted it with some Daniel Smith watercolors.  When I first bought this I had no clue that it was just a frame cut hole type die. It cuts the textures of the books and the center opening but, the outer edges of the books remain on the sheet so, when I figured that out I set it aside. this is the first time I have actually played with it. and then I just started putting some of my people reading stamps on the back side of the window to see who had good clearance and white space available. I did consider masking this gal (Unity Stamps part of the story) so that I could put something like a IO book case wall behind her but, decided against it because, the front layer is so clean on the edges. I decided to just color her and the books.

When the two layers were together with foam pop dots that is when I decided to use the hero arts rounded rectangle die on the top layer and for some unknown reason the tape decided to make a pretty big dent in the top left corner. *sigh* but, I had off set this a little to the left knowing I wanted the Alan Rickman quote to go in the bottom left corner ( The Ink Road Expecto) re-reading Harry Potter is a real thing in my world. So a while back I cleaned off my table, and I had some white cardstock on it and it had the 110# feel to it so I dropped it into the Neenah folder in the file cabinet. and looking at this card I realized I have two different shades of white cs on it. 

Yeah, its been one of those adventure cards from start to finish but, the person I am sending it to reads just as much and often as I do so, chances are it will bring a smile. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SplitcoastStampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: