9.17.2021

Inspired by {the Peruvian Connection}

 This week the Inspiration team is taking a look at the Peruvian Connection. Their store front is here and their Pinterest boards are here. I happened across this Sweater that  I love the color combo of and stopped looking after that.

So, I dug out this chick from Unity Stamps ( dream of being) I just love this one, I have colored her a few times over the years. I stamped her with some Clair nocturn Versafine ink on Arches 100% cotton watercolor paper using the Misti as I did re-ink her a few times to get such an impression.


The skin was done with some Karin Markers ( I don't know which ones I tend to grab one of the pinkish peach shades and one of the yellows and scribble them together on my glass mat and then pick it up with a small brush) The sweater and hair was done from Daniel Smith watercolors. I did make her cup in traditional Dutch Bro's colors. Did you see they went public this last week? I did, and I have not caved and bought any of their stock. ( I am rolling my eyes)

Before I had colored her, I started digging around in my printed papers collection and came across this one from Diane's Daughters ( its really old) and thought OOh that will work, and then after she was colored I cut one from the largest square in the Waffle flower lacy squares set and then the inside was done with the double stitched square in that set so I could counter sink her behind it. The sentiment ( Riley & Co.) was stamped on a scrap of Neenah sawgrass and cut with a My Favorite Things stitched square die. This is actually pretty flat in real life as she did not warp while being painted so, I skipped the usual thing I do to fix that by using foam tape to stabilize the painted layer. So, it's just a simple one but, I am pretty tickled with how she turned out and she is still sitting on my desk by my computer as this really is a fairly close self portrait ( 'cept the hair... mine is shades of grey and see-through glitter strands now lol) You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Stay safe out there & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: