9.14.2021

Watercoloring Abstract Blooms

 This week Angie has shared with us the link to this video to do abstract floral book marks on YouTube that you can see here. 

I really loved the first bookmark and that is what I focused on to me it looked like California Poppies. The first one I did had those colors and the rest went a little pink/coral looking which is still a pretty combo. 


the first one was my favorite, and that's how that goes right? ( its the orange-ish tone one in the notebook in the lower left here.) and I decided maybe I should try doing it again bigger. ( so the one center bottom row was number 2) I don't really remember the orders of the others but, they were all pretty much one after the other one day and one of them became the card you see below. 

This is the one from the center top row from the photo above and it was painted with some Daniel Smith paints on Strathmore 400 series watercolor paper. The crepe paper under it is from Hobby Lobby. the natural hemp string has a sentiment from the Hero Arts My Monthly Hero November 2017 set stamped with some Versafine on the Kraft on a Taylored Expressions Mini tag. This one has finished out at A7 in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by. 


1 comment:

Jennifrann said...

The crepe paper is a really pretty background. I love that more orangey one in the bottom corner the best too! I'm the same way, somehow, my first one always comes out the best.