7.29.2020

WOYWW # 582 {Possibilities}

    Happy desk peeking day,
if you'd like to see more spaces or play along with us
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
                                        There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW



So, yesterday for a little while I started cutting up some of the things that were laying around on the table from being colored and pushing them around with sentiment thinking about turning these into cards. but, I didn't really have a plan so, I think I bunch will be come either Birthdays or Christmas. and so, I stamped off some Birthday sentiments on Sunday when I had a SSS set out to do the Featured stamper card and that pile by the left light is the extra's that need die cut still. The leaves were all water colored free hand as a wet on wet blending challenge and I did use up one of them so far, and those were the ones I was thinking could be salvageable for something. The fire across the lake where I live is out now but, there is a very large one about 40 miles south of us in a Lava Beds national monument in CA so, now the smoke from that fire is here. ( the joys of living in a valley eh?) and no one can buy a N95 filtering mask unless they are buying for a hospital... yeah, the little cloth masks do not catch the particles to keep them out of your lungs and since our air quality is at unhealthy pretty much the only time I am outside right now is to water plants and let the dogs out a little bit every so often. The where this fire is, its mostly lava rocks with a few sage brush and trees but, they cannot get equipment and people on the ground to put this out because of the terrain so, Its probably going to burn until it reaches the lake and marshes north of the fire ( still about 30 some odd miles from my house) the town that is down there is pretty safe, but there have been a few farms evacuated and the museum and artifacts are removed from the buildings at the visitor center for the monument.
When we retire, the new thing on the list is to not only find a place where we no longer have to shovel snow in the winter but, also that is not close to places that are so dry they have "forest fire season" ( not that we are close to retiring but, you get the idea anyways) That's about it from me, I hope you are all doing well and thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

We don't have wildfires that often in the UK but when we do, they're frightening so I can't imagine what you're going through living between two fires. The watercolour technique sounds fun, I'd so love to be good at that but it just never seems to work out how it is in my head, lol!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, wildfires are always nasty and often difficult to stop so I can understand why you are thinking of finding somewhere else when you retire. I had to smile when you said you had been pushed around, sounds familiar. Looks like you've got an exploding box too. Have a lovely crafty woyww, Angela x14x

Helen said...

sorry I am late, I ran out of time yesterday (had to make 2 cards to get in the post today) Busy desk! the wildfires sound very scary, hope the smoke goes soon. No wonder you want to move out of the valley when you retire. take care. Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

What a pain the wild fires are for you and your neighbours, Stacy. Hopefully this second one will burn itself out soon and you will be able to go outside again. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #10

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Sorry I am a day late got a bit tied up with paint and phonecalls yesterday!! Wild fires are not good! I trust this one will soon burn itself out so the air quality improves for you. Your desk looks busy - well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Susan Renshaw said...

Very worrying to be close to the wildfires!
I like your desk - lots to keep you busy!
Happy belated woyww!
Stay safe and keep well
Susan #6

Shoshi said...

Sorry to hear the fires are still a problem, but glad one is now out at least. I can imagine that the cloth masks aren't much good at keeping the smoke out of your lungs. If they don't prevent the passage of smoke, they certainly aren't going to prevent viruses either... I've got a clear plastic face shield to wear if I have to. I can't bear anything over my face. Fortunately I don't have to go out too much.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12