7.10.2020

Pretty Leafy Colors



when I seen these colors I remembered them as what you see below haha...

Which turned out really cool and I love this but, I think with the wood grain printed paper behind the water colored leafy frame die cut that it made it a little dark, so I did use more white with the combo in the second card seen below that was combined with this weeks sketch challenge. This Slimline foliage die is from Trinity Stamps and this sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set called Simple sayings 2. I did use some Mission gold and Daniel Smith watercolors on that. ( it was originally the same shade of green as the mat under the wood grain print.) this one finished out at 4" x 9" in real life and the leaves are not glued down so it does have some depth to it.


The second trial at this week's colors combined with the sketch seen below. I think that Kris sent me this Cornish Heritage Farms backgrounder image a very long time ago, I know I missed out on the chance to buy it before they closed and I no longer remember what ink this may be, so I have been hoarding it a long time.
The tree's and smaller frame are from the Memory box Pine forest frame set and the second frame is the drop piece ( spacer) that ends up you use it to space the second stitched frame out from the smaller one but, I saved the drops and just used them both. The sheer dotted tulle is from Stampin Up and the sentiment here is from the Mama Elephant holiday messages set and that is up on some foam pop dots.


These tree's were pained with mostly Daniel Smith watercolors and one mission gold green over the top of that and then when the paint was dry I did add some crystal stickles glitter glue to some of the boughs. ( this was shot wet) The base on this one is soft seafoam and the card is A2 in real life.


A glance at the sketch. (you can find that challenge here)
That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: