7.10.2020

Inspired by { Eye on Design}

This week Judy is guest designing for the Inspiration challenge and she has picked Eye on Design as the destination where I found that leafy rug seen below and instantly thought of this leafy tree set of dies from Simon Says Stamp. ( this came out last year and I never got around to playing with yet) And I am now seeing all the "Christmas in July" themes that are everywhere this year thinking I have totally been slacking in getting a jump start on mine.


The texture layer is some Linen paper from Strathmore that was run through the big shot in a craft concepts secret garden embossing folder for the heck of it to see if it would hold the texture. ( it does) so, that is cool to find out. The sentiment is from Art Impressions and stamped on some smooth PTI vintage cream cardstock with Versafine ink. the lace is vintage, the pearls are from K& Co. and the star on the top is from Hampton Arts. It took me a while of messing around with shades of green cardstocks to layer the three tree dies and have them still look like a tree to me, I did cut some in lighter shades but, they ended up being too yellow to work with the darker green cardstocks I had on hand.
At any rate I really like how this one turned out.


You can find this rug here in their store and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: