7.17.2020

Inspired by { Fine Gardening Magazine}

This week we are taking a look at Fine Gardening Magazine for inspiration, They also have a collection of Pinterest boards which can be found here. One of the things I have been trying to do this year is make a dent in actually using some of the new things I have collected the last few years. And so, when I came across the shot seen below, I instantly thought of this Impression Obsession sentiment I had not played with. It's a little hard to read but, it reads "They tried to bury us... they didn't know we were seeds ~ Mexican Proverb"


And then it snowballed from there, this sign die came in the My Montly Hero kit from Hero Arts way back in January of 2019. ( its the reason I bought that kit actually) and so, I grinned when I seen the sentiment would fit on it, and then I remembered I had received this greener pastures gal as a free gift from My Favorite Things recently and I had picked up the matching die after, so I stamped her off on some Neenah and colored her skin with copic markers and the rest of her with some Daniel smith watercolors. and the ink had smeared where the markers were, so, I grabbed some Prima complexion water colors and went over her skin right over the markers trying to blend out the smears a little more. and it kinda worked. she was really molted looking while this was wet however. and then it came time to build the scene, and I knew she was a "kid" but, scale wise she looked really short next to this sign so, out came the flowerpots and lavender dies from Memory box to add some more to the scene and distract from her shortness. the base printed paper was run through a Tim Holtz brick embossing folder and I did add some watercolor to the crevices of that trying for some more shadows.

You can find this pin here on their board and you can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: