7.22.2020

WOYWW # 581 {watercoloring and such}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW



This was my desk last week, I went on an ice pick up run on both Wednesday and Thursday and never made it up here to post this. those are some new this year Tim Holtz diecuts on watercolor paper. just messing around, mind just went blank on the name of the die but, its an big Sizzix one and you can see ( those square are one inch in real life) they are pretty good sized.



This was yesterday afternoon, when the sprigs were mostly laying around drying I grabbed some other stamps and stamped them off on watercolor paper and started water coloring them after the springs and then I added some pencil over some of these ones and this was me thinking about die cutting things and realizing that if I wanted a messy desk shot I had to do it mid stride and then I could cut them and put them away. type of a thing. that angel card was done Sunday and needs a little more glue under the stamped panel on the left side of her, it what was there is not sticking that well to the shiny textured paper so, some glue dots are going in soon-ish.

In other news the forest fire that started last Wednesday across the lake ( on the side of the mountain where there are no homes so maybe 20-30 miles from my house) is "almost" 90% contained and it will be nice to have it totally out so the smoke clears out of the valley. This is near the highway I drive to get the ice and it was interesting is I got to see helicopters doing the scoop for water to dump on the fire thing. ( front row seat)
And what started this pile of images is that
The place where I do my booth in the fall before Thanksgiving sent out an email over the weekend urging people to keep creating because, they fully expect to hold the bazaar unless they cancel at the last minute. ( most of them are all ready canceled for this year) and so, I truly have not been creating like a crazy person much this year and coloring these images at least gives me a jump start to stand there and glue some time. I am of two minds on the thing, on one hand as an introvert I partially dread doing it, and on the other hand GERMS ( so to be a little proactive I signed up for and received a Square contact less card processing thing so people can just insert the chip end of their card and pay or tap their cell phone on the thing I will have less money changing to do I hope) I have my fingers crossed on that.
That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.


8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm really glad that the fire is nearly contained, I wouldn't have wanted it any closer to you though it must have been impressive seeing the helicopter scoop up the water. I hope that the fair does come off later in the year - getting one of those card payment things is a good idea, saves having to deal with cash!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. Oh my - glad the fire is almost contained now. Front row seat indeed for the helicopter work! Lots for you to think about with the possibility of the booth this year. How crowded will it get, etc - I wish you well
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #7

Helen said...

Glad the fire is under control and despite the excitement of seeing the helicopter at work I am sure you'd rather not have had to! great images you've coloured. thanks for visiting - the flowers are roses, but yes, yellow. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy. Bit late as we've managed an afternoon outside with friends. Hope your woyww has been good too. So pleased the fire is getting under control there is nothing so scary. Hugs, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad to hear that the fire is almost out Stacy and that your show may be going ahead. Love the cute water coloured images and die cuts. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #3

Susan Renshaw said...

Glad that the fire is almsot contained!
Love those die-cuts - this may be another die that I need...
Happy woyww! Stay Safe, keep well!
Susan #15

Shoshi said...

A lovely busy desk, Stacy. I'm glad to hear those forest fires are on the way out, and it will be a relief when it's all finally over. I do hope there hasn't been too much destruction.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #19

Julia Dunnit said...

Those sprigs cut well, I can see them being really useful, in full size or just the limbs. Good news about the Bazaar, something to work towards and you just never know. Lovely colouring on those images, as usual- and the little fairy is so sweet! I think it’s amazing that you got to see the bucket scoop helicopter in action, close up I bet it was amazing, they must get so low and be really noisy! Glad to hear about the fire control, it will be nice for the valley to be free of haze, much better for your health and will make the journey to and from ice a bit better!