6.24.2020

WOYWW # 577 {paws & things}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

A long view of the last thing I had worked on was some Simon Says Stamp paws diecuts on watercolor paper as the clean and simple challenge this week at SCS was "paws" ( this is as far as I got with it) its really hot here for this time of year and this space is more like finished attic space than a real room so, on a day I go to work by the time I get home even with all the fans going and the window AC on its too hot to play.

Farther to the left of the center is some of the things that were made recently ( lets say the last few weeks or so and this was as far as those piles got) The top watercolor piece is missing some "eggs" from a featured stamper card I did on Sunday and since I have not blogged about that yet, I will stick it below the desk mess shots.

The center. the cats were done just because, I am leaning towards making 4 little 3X3 cards very CAS with these paws and cats but, I have to find (smaller) sentiments to fit and I'd rather have snarky funny ones so, it may be another day or two before these are finished. the markers are out because, the card below I cut two of the layered robin dies and only made one so far. ( so that combo of red,orange & brown is the colors I used for the red on the card below) The gold hearts are fails of what went onto a sample for this coming week's IC that I wanted a small gold heart on.

The Robin was colored with markers & and water brush and the eggs are an Oxide distress background that was water colored using a plastic baggie to move the ink from the glass mat to the paper. ( I didn't really think of a stamp that I thought would look good on this piece ( see above) so I set it aside. ( it was the first Watercolor Wednesday challenge attempt) It called for using acetate to move the ink and I think that may have been a little better because, that is not a smooth thing like a baggie but, what I really didn't like about it when it was dry was how much purple I got into it haha.


The finished card, this is a link that goes to the card from Patti that I used as a jump start for mine.  There is some vintage photo oxide on the edges of the front card base and nest, and the bird and sentiment are up on foam pop dots on this.
That's about it from me, they have ramped up testing where I live so the ice sales are crazy right now and I will spend 3 of 4 weeks a month instead of every other week, on the road fetching it now as a normal thing for the next little while. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Sue Jones said...

That's a busy desk. I love your card - so pretty. Sorry you are having to go out more than normal. have a great week . Soojay #17

My name is Cindy said...

Oh you have been busy! Love the idea of the little cards with the snarky sentiments. I tend towards those myself but always bottle it on the cards in case I offend. You have to know your audience. Stay safe, stay well ( and cool) . Happy woyww Cindy #11

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. 3 x 3 cards are useful for all sorts of things - good idea! Love the robin card - and your desk looks like it is ready for a real onslaught of busyness! Take care on the roads - they are getting much busier here despite no easing of the lockdown yet.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

Helen said...

glad you're still finding time to make some gorgeous cards, even if work is busy. stay safe. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely cards Stacy. It's been hot here today and looks like it will again tomorrow but I'll be pleased when it cools down. Wishing you a happy week and a creative woyww, Angela x19x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, lots of cool stuff to look at- ooh, I see a Visible Image packet there!Hope all your driving isn't too tiring, and you get some crafting time despite the heat. Stay safe, Have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, sorry for the late visit. I do like sarky comments, but I never think who I could use the cards for - maybe I'll just start using them in a journal. I know what you mean about the room being too hot - I'm working from home in my craft room, and by 2pm it's blinding sunlight and roasting hot. I think I will have to start relocating to the garden soon, and sitting in the shade under some trees at the bottom. You have a very busy desk with lots going on - I do like the robin card, very cute. Have a lovely week, and stay safe and well, Heather xx #4

Susan Renshaw said...

Love all the things to see on your desk - and the nest card is lovely!
Happy Crafting!
Susan #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the card Stacy, the watercolour background was just right for the eggs. I don't come in the shed much after work at the moment either as it's also been too hot and I don't have any fans or air con in there. Tim Holtz has a stamp set with snarky cats that come with small sentiment stamps - that might work for your 3" x 3" cards. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Shoshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shoshi said...

A lovely busy, industrious desk, Stacy. Your bird's nest card is gorgeous - I love the cut out of the nest - so intricate and delicate.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #26