6.20.2020

Watercoloring Tree's



There is a new daily challenge at Splitcoaststampers on Wednesdays featuring water coloring projects. and the very first one ( 3 weeks ago now) was to use acetate to pick up color from ink pads in puddles and apply to backgrounds and somewhere in there I had also received the new Speckled egg distress Oxide pad so, I used it with (some blue I have since forgotten) and set it aside.
The theme on this third week is to do an unexpected color and so today the top pieces Memory Box Pine forest frame die was water colored with some Mission Gold watercolors ( green, blue & orange) which is not a combo I would normally pick for tree's and ( I watered down the colors a lot) I really like this. I kind of laughed when it all dried and I realized I almost duplicated the colors from the ink pads. shrugs, I like these colors.  The ric rac is vintage and the card base is a premade one in a pack of rainbow of colors with envelopes.


A closer look at the tree's. they are up on foam pop dots.
You can find these challenges here and here ( week's 1 & 3) and there are video tutorials in the challenge threads which is really handy. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: