6.03.2020

WOYWW #574 {eucalyptus leaves}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 
  Good Morning a while back I had picked up these paper rose stitched Eucalyptus branches dies and I cut some from watercolor paper and started adding some paint to them after work. It's nice to have some daylight at the end of the day too still in my mind. I had it in my head that they were going to have hints of pink on the edges of the leaves like succulents do and then when that dried I thought ooh too much pink then I went over the tops of the leaves with greens ( a few times) so, there are still hints of pink but, they are more on the hint side now than the in your face color. 
I will use these but, I am thinking I got the colors a little too dark. so, maybe next time. I have seen people paint them translucent looking like skeleton leaves and my skill level is not in that caliber yet. :). It's nice to just have a few moments to breath and let go too. I hope you all are doing well.
I will be driving all day for work today as now the vector control is also picking up ice for the season. 
( they test mosquitoes among other things) 
Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. How right you are. It is indeed good to take a few moments to simply breathe; do things differently; do different things!; just paint a few paper leaves!
Trust today's drive is a good one.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I've been having a go at watercolours this week as well but yours are better by far, I haven't got the knack! Hope you're coping ok with all the extra work and not getting too tired.
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love those eucalyptus branches, I think they look very realistic. Stay safe,Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #12 X

Helen said...

your leaves look fantastic! I've not tried water colours since school really! One day perhaps...!! Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Those leaves look great. Hope we get to see how yo use them. Wishing you a happy woyww and a great crafty week, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you managed a little R and R after a full day driving Stacy. I like the leaves. I prefer to die cut in white and colour myself too. Much better results all round. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Caro said...

It is always nice to have a little time to just play and still your mind at the end of the day. Happy Belated WOYWW. Stay safe and I hope you have a nice week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#7)

Lisa-Jane said...

I think they are just perfect! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #17

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, Stacey, you have some interesting customers! I wonder if Mosquitos regularly pass the test! Ha ha, I think I’m funny. I think the colour you’ve got going on those eucalyptus leaves is spot on..even if it was by adding layer after layer! I bet when you revisited them the next day you Saw what we see. Hope so. I know about the ‘just breathe’ thing, especially for you busy working types, its v important and sometimes you don’t realise that you’ve what you’ve been doing is so good for you.

Shoshi said...

Your eucalyptus leaves are beautiful, Stacy, and well worth the effort of adding the layers to get the colour just right. They are very subtle and delicate. Lovely!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #14