6.14.2020

Survivor

Today when I came up the stairs to play I had found that I am on my last round of stamped/laminate sheets of rubber stamps to put away and I get to just play again. the organizing that has taken up too much of my thought process is much better. 
So, I looked at the featured stamper challenge and this week it is Trudy and I came across this card of hers that instantly made me think of this ginkgo branch from Beeswax stamps that just came in the mail to me ( shape wise) and since it is a "new" stamp it and that Riley & co. sentiment fit the bill for this week's ways to use it ( use an unused stamp) and the watercolor Wednesday challenge was to watercolor with your ink pads. so, its a Three-for. 
 
 The strathmore watercolor paper has a wash done from an old SU soft sky dye ink pad and that was over stamped with the image and sentiment with some Versafine Clair rain forest ink. When it was mostly dried I used two Distress Oxide pads to watercolor the leaves with an aqua brush. ( crushed pistachio & pine needles to watercolor the leaves.

a closer look at the leaves, you can "almost" see the soft sky background. other changes to Trudy's card is instead of a cardstock mat I ended up cutting the watercolor panel with a Waffle flower lacy square die ( stitched edging) and put that panel up on some foam 3M tape. The mat piece is some printed Memory box paper from a Mistletoe pack and the base is fake bazzill. This one is 6" square in real life. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: