6.19.2020

Inspired by {Children's Book Illustrations }

This week we are looking at a collection of Children's book illustrations gathered together here on their pinterest boards. I just love every single detail of the art ( seen below) that I used as a color/theme jump start for this card.


The flying dragon is from the My Favorite things set called magical dragons stamped with some Versafine Clair twilight ink on Strathmore watercolor paper. I used some Daniel Smith watercolors on it and the background and then when the paint was dry I went over the toenails and nostrils with a Tombo marker. The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant birthday messages set stamped in Nocturn ink and that fiber is an old one from the now retired fibers by the yard store. I loved the little bits of silver entwined with it so, I added some clear wink of stella on the wings and back scales of the dragon.

A closer look at the dragon, I did not get it tilted right to catch the glimmers from the wink of stella.

This piece of Art is titled the snow dragon by Chris Fisher and you can find it here on their pinterest board. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: