6.10.2020

WOYWW # 575 {new stamps}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW

 So a week or so ago I did a search on Amazon for a maidenhair fern stamp, and surprise they actually had one being sold by a co. called Beeswax stamps but, it was on a wood block so, I decided to google them and see if they were still making stamps and such and I found that they are. and you can get the rubber all three ways, blank, with cling foam or with a wood block. so, I ended up poking around in the site and found a few more leaves and some stepping stones to toss in the cart with it but, the fun thing for me was it was shipped in this tiny little box. ( its really cute) and I guess I have gotten used to things arriving in padded envelopes because, the box tickled me almost as much as the stamps do.
 I am "this close" to being done with sorting those stamps I have been unmounting the last few years and this weekend I did not feel like cutting up those last few sheets yet but, I did make some divider cards ( laminated soft seafoam cardstocks) and this was two packs plus of it so, I will need to buy some more sooner or later. ( I love this color it is nearly a match for Johnson's brothers greendawn china) 
at any rate I am feeling pretty good about this, moved the desk I color at into that same corner tucked behind the wall that the stairs are on and moved an tiny book shelf that holds suitcases with completed cards in it back to the other tucked in side of the table I stamp on.  Which is right at the top of the stairs, so if I were to sit in that chair with it pulled out there you bet everyone wanted to come up and down the stairs So, I am hoping this will be a little more peaceful out of the traffic path. I did make one card with some of those Eucalyptus leaves and it can be seen here. That's about it from me, hope you are all doing well & thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Neet said...

How lucky you were to find that the company do stamps three ways, well worth the research.
Well, at long last you are seeing the rewards for your unmounting stint (I would have given up on it ago, good on you for sticking to the plan).
That little box is so cute, what a lovely way to receive your mail.
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

At least you were saved from having more wooden stamps to demount with the right research Stacy. That storage unit looks really useful. Glad you have managed to tuck yourself out of the way a little more so as not to be disturbed when crafting. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh I do like it when post comes in nicely designed packaging and that little box is lovely - I'd have kept that for future use as well! The ladies face is beautiful, she looks like a Greek statue! Well done on all your sorting out, it's a mammoth task.
Hugs LLJ 12 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Stacy. A good find there - and yes, what a delightful little box. How lovely to have something that is nicely packaged. Well - nearly there with all the stamps. What a sigh of relief you will give when thy are all done and sorted!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #2

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, if you like ferns/leaves, have a look at Designs by Ryn- she's in Canada. I know she has a maidenhair fern stencil, and she has lots of fabulous leaves too.It sounds like you've created yourself a lovely snug place to work.Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #13 X

lisa said...

It's such a treat to get post beautifully packaged. I love it and always enjoy when there's a little note written on the invoice, makes it so personal.
Your stamps look beautiful and your reorganising will hopefully keep your creativity flowing.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #24

Helen said...

well done on the research - it really paid off! have a good week Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, internet research pays off some times. So pleased you have found yourself a peaceful little corner for crafting. Your storage system looks so well organised! Your new stamps look great, I'm sure you'll have great fun with them. And the box is definitely cute! Have a lovely week and stay safe and well, Heather xx #3

Lisa-Jane said...

Goodness those stamps look well organised! I'm glad it's not just me that gets excited by packaging. I had some bath bombs at Christmas that came in a plain but sturdy egg carton type box which I kept to have on my desk for those little bits that get strewn everywhere when we are crafting! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #23

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm well impressed with all that work on the stamps, well done. It's always worth the research, it's surprising what you can find and it certainly worked for you. Wishing you a lovely week and a happy and creative woyww, Angela x19x

My name is Cindy said...

I like having an online rummage, you never know what you might find!! I really like what you have done with your stamps - is that a purpose made unit or have you done it yourself? I have grabbed the photo for my storage inspiration file - you have really got me thinking!! I tend to use any old thing for storage, shoe boxes etc, but its hard to keep it consistent. That just looks so professional!! Happy (late) WOYWW, stay well, stay safe, Cindy #12