2.01.2020

Unicorn Wishes

 This envelope gift card holder is a new die from Lynda Kanase's new company called I-Crafter.
and while these were debuting at Creativation this year Ardyth shared some tags that have a zipper type pull away to hid the gift cards in them a couple weeks ago. ( I loved those and went poking about in the store and found this set called Animalopes that make envelopes you can decorate as animal faces. and I knew this was coming in the mail at the same time that Angie was named featured stamper last weekend. And I knew she had this cute IO bunny cards like this and when I was poking about I found this Llama card here. and then my body decided I needed a few days off. so, this took me all week to steal time to get done. 

 I had the bright idea to make this a Unicorn to make changes to Angie's cards. and so, I colored the "horn" with silver wink of stella. the flowers are just some of the many many tons of Prima flowers I have to use up still and I added some nuvo pink drops to the centers. one thing I did was cut the face parts and centers of the ears with some textured off white cardstock. the pink is rubbed on Distress Oxide tattered rose ink, and I cut that with scissors to make a second layer on the ears. the eye lashes were colored with a black tombo marker.

 The sentiment is from the Altenew Birthday greetings set stamped on some SU soft sky and cut with a Simon Say Stamp sentiment strip die. The base here is a pre made Die Cuts with a view 5 1/2" square gate fold card.

 I used some of these clear tiny velcro to hold the nose closed on the envelope. and this is when I realized that maybe these should not be on a card front as, when you open this flap, the horn I kept catching on the edge of the gatefold and also the left ear is a little bent now too.

One thing I did with this is attatched the left side of the face to the left flap and the right side of the sentiment to the right flap so that they pieces work as a little bit of a latch when the card is flat.
I think I will have to think about this with the next ones I make as when you lift the flap the ears and or horns will be bending to open. On the inside there is a piece of Neenah solar white that was cut with the waffle flower lacy layers die.
That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.


No comments: