2.07.2020

Inspired by {stencil girl}

This week Angie has linked us up to the Stencil Girl site and I started poking around on their blog and came across this article by Tammy Tutterow that I just loved every single detail of. You can find that here. Its a sewn quilted banner with found notions and such on a vintage spool. 
(a peek is shown below)

 I knew right off the bat that I would not be sewing fabric to create my project, I just have better luck with papers in a sewing machine but, I happened to spy this stack of used and dried coffee filters and thought ah ha that will have some cool texture. so, then I started poking about in the stencils I own and dug out this HUGE one from carabella that is a lace mask. So, I smooshed some distress oxide antique linen and tattered rose inks with a foam pad through the holes on top of the dried coffee. and then cut this piece with a simon says stamp wonky stitched rectangle die. I knew I wanted to make changes so, I did use a piece of vintage lace and then switched the pins for bitty staples and still kept that bit of metal. the buttons here are not vintage and the tan one does not even have holes in it. ( I think it may be from SU but, I've had it for years so, your guess is as good as mine by this point. I did add some hemp string to the button holes and used glue dots to stick them to my beginning collage. the mat layer under the coffee filter is some canvas paper and the base is textured bazzill. The heart diecut is from Simon Says stamp called lace doily and the sentiment is from the My Favorite Things smitten with you set. I ended up making this card be 5" wide and 6" tall, so it does fit in an A7 envelope with wiggle room.

 You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: