2.05.2020

WOYWW # 557 {sore hands}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
There is also a new Instagram hashtag of #WOYWW
 
 So, last weekend I had used up the last sheet of cling foam in the closet, and the problem with that was. ( I had some stamps I had pulled off the blocks and I ended up placing a club scrap order) so, off to Amazon I went and ordered more sheets. ( I know, I know) at any rate they came on Tuesday and I started sticking what needed foam to sheets and I was on a roll so, I ended up empty-ing more boxes of Christmas stamps from the closet because, there was space on the sheets to fill around the backgrounds that had come off the blocks over the weekend. and so, I stopped doing this when my hands started whimpering.
behind that mess of stamps that need cut up now, is a pile of cards that were made since you were here last and under that are some animal envelopes that I never got around to shooting before the stamp organizing bug hit again. (I did get one made into a card and you can see it here) I made it a unicorn for Angie's featured stamper week.
Just an interesting side note, this is the same highway I showed you earlier in January. ( going west this time) but, same stretch of road. ( it is a very rare sight to see the pavement in January) and at the snow marker on the summit of the pass it says there is about 3' right now. ( so, things are looking a little tense for the upcoming water year)
(the snow pack is what feeds the irrigation water to the valley's below it)
Yes, you can tell that I am the passenger again on this trip, for the last two ice runs Hubs has come with me and drove through the mountains. It was nice, we went to lunch together both times, we in all these years have not done this sort of thing before so, it does make me curious to see if he is going to want to go next week. I guess I will find out then ha ha. that's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The climate seems to be topsy turvy this winter, we've had a very mixed one so far but late Feb and March have a way of surprising us! I always enjoy seeing people's pics of where they live, I find it fascinating that that is a regular drive for you, hope you had a nice lunch with your hubby!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, love the mountain road shot. The weather here has been extremely mild all winter, we've only had a handful of morning frosts, no snow at all. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Definitely not very wintery in the UK, as Shaz said just a little frost but February can sometimes bring surprises. I've been soting some wood block stamps today but just can't face taking them all off the blocks so they are still on their shelf. Hope you have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Cold but no snow here in the UK so far this winter (except a little in the far north of Scotland). A big difference between the two highway shots. Hope cutting up all those stamps doesn't give your hands too much pain Stacy. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m not surprised your hands were whimpering, I would not want to have a go at a whole sheet full of stamps I must say! still, you really are making headway and you should be v proud of yourself.
And get you two, driving out together and having a lunch en route. When I go anywhere in the big white van with Mr Dunnit I call it a date, it’s nice to ride together.

Neet said...

UGH! My least favourite job is cutting stamps on the foam. It sticks all over the scissors and consequently my fingers and I get in such a mess and my fingers end up screaming. Still it is good when it is all done and you can stamp away without the Pritt stick coming out.
Well, we are having a mild winter at the moment but I don't want to tempt fate as I remember 50 or so years ago it actually snowed on the 1st May. I know because I was on a Girl Scout camp. We went to bed with snow and woke up next morning to sunshine - of course I then had taken too many warm clothes. Don't envy you the snow at all but I love that shot you took of the road.
Hugs Neet 1 xx