2.01.2020

Inspired by {Crayola's Pinterest Boards}

 This week Julie gave us the Crayola Pinterest boards for Inspiration hunting grounds and I came across these painted burlap bags (seen below) and loved the texture/simplicity of them and wanted to translate it to a card. So, I started with a diecut (negative drop piece) from a Sizzix Christmas tree die and I used some washi tape to tape that to the tan printed paper. I smooshed some distress Oxide bundled sage through the hole and then, removing that sheet I over stamped the entire piece with the SU Canvas texture background with some antique linen dox ink.

A closer look,  I did tinker with the exposure here on these cards so you can see the ink layers. The sentiment on this is from the Stamping Bella Holiday fun sentiments set, I did poke a hole in the end of the sentiment strip to tie on the jingle bells with some hemp string. This card finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life on some SU mellow moss. ( yep, I still have packs of this) :)

I think this would work too with some other shapes like hearts or stars and I just didn't get that far with the time I had to play with. so, maybe sometime soon I will do some more of that as gift tags I think. You can find this photo here on their board and this challenge here to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: