6.01.2018

A few more from this week

 I had come across this box of Karen Lockhart stamps in the closet and none of them were in the evernote file I am working on so, a few of them were stamped off and I have been coloring them on and off all week. This one was done as a thank-you card for June as she went away for the long holiday. took an extra day off work and came home with a pie plate she found in an antique store while she was gone. I had totally forgotten about this but, I guess years ago, I had one of these corning wear plates and I brought it to work to show here and broke it there.

 anyways, the sentiment is from Papertrey ink, that frilly mat die is from Spellbinders called Braided Grace square. This was colored with polychromos pencils ( as is everything else in this post)

 This was the first card done inspired by this weeks featured stamper Sylvia who has this pretty card, I thought the blooms in this heart wreath from Karen Lockhart had a similar look to them, I kept the tilted panels, wrapped ribbons and ended up putting the sentiment on a banner to get it to fit.

 Today the dirty dozen June prompt opened up and this fits that. I "think" the stamp is called Holly Berry Tree. ( but, I am not positive about that ) the sentiment is from the Waltzing Mouse set called Seasons of love tag. so of course it had to be a tied on tag saying the it right? :)

 I had originally cut the image with a square die and then went over the outside edges with a homespun stitches die to narrow it a little to fit the mat I had chosen a little better and then just trimmed the outside edges of the stitching with scissors.

 Today's free for all challenge is called Baby its cold outside, and I knew I had this winter fairy (Penny Black Magic of Christmas ) with an pewter embossed sentiment from the Papertrey ink set called winter hills.
This one was shot wet, so I could get it while it was still daylight here. It is very twinkle-y in real life. Her skin was done with copic markers and the rest is polychromos pencils.

I don't know if this is any better but, her wings were colored with clear wink of stella, some of the snow and spots on the dress (same thing) some also have some stardust glitter pen and clear stickles glitter glue on them. So first day of June leaves me with half of my Christmas card quota ( I am signed up for 4 a month) done and out of the way. YAY. thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, I love all of your cards, and I have several plastic SU boxes of Lockhart stamps too. I love them, and they aren't in my Evernote file either. Need to do that. Your card is gorgeous, and I love the die (just bought it...thanks again for enabling me - hehe!!). I love your other cards, and I especially love that angel. Beautifully done, sweet friend. All of your cards are so inspiring! Glad you had some time off work! Hugs! xoxo