6.15.2018

Inspired by {Vera Bradley}

I had fully expected to be drawn into what ever is the newest paisley prints 
and was surprised to see all the different things they have now.
 
 This umbrella is a retired one from Two Paper Diva's set that was called rain or shine.  (the owners of that store retired a while back and it is no longer available) I had heat embossed this with white powder on some basic grey printed paper and then used grey markers to add some shading to the frame of it. The piece was diecut with a Hero Arts rounded rectangles die. The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp CZ love you mama set. and was cut with a Lawn Fawn banner die. The mat print is from My Minds Eye and the base is Grout Gray cardstock. This I used a corner rounder on the corners. This one finished out at 4 1/2" x 6" in real life.

 I had seen this bubble umbrella (below) that reminded me of the one I had as a kid in the 70's and I thought, I do not have any flower stamps with a scale that small enough to fit into one of my large umbrella stamps. So, I grabbed some pitt pens and just made tiny dots in clusters for the flowers and leaves.

No comments: