6.19.2018

Monday's Challenge cards

 on Monday it was Kia's birthday and the challenge she hosted for the clean and simple one was to do a Celebrate card, and being totally blank when I read that I opened evernote and found this Mint Owl sentiment pop up and then I started looking at small stamps thinking the scale would be easier to do CAS with and then I found this Margarita from A Muse (when they sold them as single wood mounted stamps) and since neither of these had been inked before I decided that was just like finding an "easy" button... this is A2 in real life, the stem was colored with clear wink of stella and I did dab some white gel pen along the rim of the glass trying to break up the ink stamped line and make it look like it had rock salt on it.

 for the try a new technique Lyn had a challenge to cover a piece of paper with washi tape and then run it through an embossing folder. so, I do have some tape because, for me when I stick it to something I want it to stay stuck to it un peels.. and I just starting layering the different tapes across a 4" piece of some dcwv paper and then ran that through a sizzix folder called stitched plaid. the printed paper below that is from MME.

After I had the stitched tape piece made I started looking at an envelope of flowers I had colored recently and thought these colors on this watering can (Karen Lockhart stamp) were "close enough" and added in the sentiment ( clearly besotted message me) to one of those previously die cut scrap tags out of the measuring cup , so all in all this was a very fast card for me. but, the margarita one was really truly a ten minute card. ( and all those years I looked at those "take ten" and my eyebrows would hit my hair line because, no matter how hard I tried I could not make cards in ten minutes, 20-30-45 yes... 10 no.
so, it was just one of those funny things that made me smile. thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Kia's Place said...

This is so sweet Stacy, I love the look with the different papers too.