6.03.2018

Cork Ornament

This weeks featured stamper is Janja and she has a beautiful gallery. I ended up stopping everything I was doing browsing in her gallery when I came across these Cork Ornaments. I think this is just awesome. and before I found that I had seen this deer scene card and I loved the texture/white to the deer. so. this kind of morphed from both of those. there is also a list of "themes" for the Christmas card challenge this year and the March one was to do an Ornament with Animals on it.. so, this becomes #3 for June for me.

 The darker green ornament under the PTI scrap ornament the deer are on directly is cork paper that came that color in a pad from Die Cuts With a View. I used a lawn fawn stitched ornaments die for the ornaments and bulb topper piece.
from this angle you can see the panel of ornaments is up on some 1/16th foam pop dots over the MME print. the sentiment is actually on some 1/8" foam dots and just a smidge higher than the ornaments panel. I did cut both one small from the Mini and one from the regular sized Holiday greens sets and tucked the smaller one over the top of the large. The brown branch is a Memory Box one called woodland branch.

The deer are a Memory Box die called deer family circle, I did cut this to just use the deer and some ground. and inked over it a little with some oxide vintage photo ink. the white spots are from a gel pen. the Merry Christmas is from the Tim Holtz set called the great outdoors and ( I forgot what die that tag is off hand) the string is some hemp string. and this one finished out at 5" X 7" in real life. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: