6.16.2018

Beach Wave

The June My Monthly Hero Kit hit my desk on Thursday and I had no time to play but, when I came home on Friday I seen that Shirley had a vacation theme for the free for all challenge and thought OK :)
and I did this card below.

 
 I wanted it to look like a panorama so after I had die cut the sentiment panel I did a second panel with the waves over lapping in the center knowing I was going to cover them up. the sailboat and clouds were stamped on white cardstock and paper pieced into the design. this finished out at A2 in real life.

 and then Saturday when I went upstairs this is the aftermath of that very simple card lol...
and since I had a disaster already going on I decided to try another one, which morphed into 3...

 The brown cardstock is "speckletone Sand 80# coversheet" which I will need to find more of, as I now have one sheet left. the ship, chair, ball, & dolphin were paper pieced into these cards. the dolphin is my favorite and it has the water was the first scrap piece ( see table above) I cut it out and layered it into that scene. and that gave it a little more depth in the waterline/sand layer.
the sane embossing powder in this kit is very real looking and very fine grain so that is fun.

 I did warp the coversheet doing a wash for the sky on these and need to get them under a book. the white is from a white gel pen.


 This one the chair is heat embossed with white powder on pale green cardstock and the ball was stamped with that new red claire versafine and then that was covered with some diamond glaze.
The clouds were also heat embossed with white, and the powder stuck to every part of the clouds because the hero arts ink I used for the first layer was pretty juicy I guess.
This one I had that sentiment heat embossed with the sand powder but, it was very hard to read. ( its a little on the skinny side that font, so I ended up stamping it again on a scrap with some Avery Elle kraft pigment ink, which was nearly the same color but, made it easier to read I think. This one I heat embossed the white parts of the clouds first, then did the color solids over the top and just wiped the ink off the white after.
Now I am totally ready to go to the ocean again,
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love these gorgeous sea cards! Those blues are beautiful and I love the sand!

Kia's Place said...

I love love these cards ... this is a beautiful set and so interesting.