6.27.2018

WOYWW #473 {paperpiecing & loot}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess

 So, I found something in an upcoming site for the IC that uses sheep... and I knew I had this set of dies from Honeybee stamps from Mothers day (see photo below, evidently I never got around to posting it when it came and its just been sitting in the to be uploaded file since then) Anyways, past this photo ( there is a clear stamp block holding some of the wet teeny tiny piece onto that sheep body) I did continue adding more pieces into it like a pink nose and then used a marker to colors those tan pieces you see there. this is not as easy to line up as you would expect it to be the thing I struggled with the most was because, I had placed the wool down first the legs do not line up for me with the wool so, I did color the legs later and that space between the legs and the wool to "fool the eye"


 Off to the left is a second fish card under construction. I had everything still on the table when
 I got home Monday from work. ( I had taken Sunday's card to work to show June 
and she wanted to buy it, so she did)and this was as far as I got with that
 when the heat kicked in. My new thing I have been doing this week is,
 getting a little over 5K steps in before I leave for work at 9am because, 
walking in the heat in the afternoons is not fun for me. 
(and that is also the time I used to come upstairs and play but, 
even with fans and an window AC the temp. is not friendly upstairs here now.


This was a shot of things I had ordered from one of the Mothers day sales that happened back in May.
so, the sheep is really two sets of dies, with a second set of words that have some dies. So this is the first time any of this has been played with the rest is in that basket still. and that is mostly working when what I need is a sentiment. but, a lot of what I make in the summer is just the bare minium samples for challenges so, it will probably be closer to fall before some of those things get touched. the good news is I did unsubscribe to at least half of the junk mail emails of buy me buy me I get and that has cut down a lot of sit here time. ha ha. one more piece of good news the honeysuckle bush is almost done blooming. Acchooo.
Thats about it for me, thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Stacy, I know what you mean about the heat. I have taken to coming down to the shed before 6am, crafting for 3-4 hours then getting out! It's not too bad right now, but it was over 30 degrees yesterday afternoon. Love those sheep stamps and dies with the play on words 'ewe'. Have a great week. Sarah #5

Lindart said...

Lovely stash from the Mother's Day sale! Wow! The sheep is so cute, and I love the fish card- awesome! We haven't gotten the intense summer heat yet (thankfully) but it is supposed to be on it's way on Sunday. My house, too, despite AC, is several degrees warmer upstairs. I do remember when we didn't have any AC, however, and it would be with great difficulty to stamp without dripping sweat on anything - yuk! Good for you for getting 5K steps in before 9am! I'm still drinking my coffee at 9am! Have a great week, Lindart #38

Helen said...

that's a great haul! love the sheep. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Hazel said...

Lots of lovely goodies, including the sheep. Thanks for sharing - Hazel WOYWW #8 x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a fabulous purchase of stamps and dies, I love it when everything matches up, there's much creativity to be had with it all. Love those sheep and the goldfish in the jar is awesome.
Thank you for sharing WOYWW..
Have a super creative week Tracey #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my I love that sheep die so much though the other stuff looks good too. I'm glad someone else doesn't enjoy the heat, it's just too hot to do anything even here in the UK. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x13x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I’ve been complaining about my gimpy keyboard for awhile, but my mouse has always worked great. That is, until today. I had to buy a new mouse just so I could maneuver between blogs. That’s why I’m really late visiting.

It's hot in my office, which is upstairs and has 8 windows. I have a whole house AC and a window unit for the office. It's after 8 pm and still about 95 F here. You certainly got a LOT of goodies at that sale. Most impressive. So much stuff, so little time (grin). Happy WOYWW from #3.

Julia Dunnit said...

Love that sheep...see what you mean about the legs...my answer is a bit drastic..I’d have cut the back legs off!! I like the Mothers Day sale haul..i could use all of that stuff no problem. Now the honeysuckle is nearly finished, you may be more comfortable. I pulled our honeysuckle out last weekend, it was a huge job, but despite its loveliness, it was choking everything because I’ve largely ignored it for a couple of years. I love the heat. But then we don’t get so much for so long. It’s been 4 weeks since we had rain and everyone’s complaining now!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Really cute sheep design. I bought myself a little AC unit this week and now my craft room is actually quite comfortable - but I still don't feel like crafting much! Here in the UK this weather will not last for the entire summer (we desperately need rain on the farm, so hubby is doing a rain dance), so I am taking advantage and getting outside as much as possible, except for when it is really hot. Ali x #27