6.06.2018

WOYWW #470 {Christmas baubles}

Happy desk peeking day, if you'd like to see more spaces or play along 
the link up for this blog hop starts here at our hostess
 
 

 So last Sunday I made the card off to the left for a Featured Stamper challenge and I really liked how it turned out so, monday after work I had all the stuff still out and thought do another one... and I did with some changes and one thing that happened was I did not ink the deer die cut enough in the center of the deer and on the first mug shot of the card I seen the white spot, so I tried to smoosh some more vintage photo ink and managed to get it all over the green bulb, so, out came an eraser, a brown marker and a white gel pen. I had thought about adding some snow text to it too but, have not gotten that far. I am not real sure I like the second one as well as the first I think the plaid paper is too busy for me.
This version is also not on pop dots like the first but, the darker green bauble is colored cork paper.

It's still sitting on the table waiting for a decision about the snow texture. I may just wrap this up after work and move on. (toss it in the school sale suitcase)

I did see a work around the no comments from Blogger thing ( they are working on it and supposedly will be done with it someday) but, the work around is to leave a comment on your own blog posts and then there should be a box that says choose and identity and then it should say send follow up comments to your email address and then you should get emails. ( I have not tried this) because, in my mind everyone would have to "reply" to your comment not the blog post it self right?
( has anyone tried it?)
Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That commenting situation sounds way too complicated for a techno dunce like me, so I hope it gets sorted without any hassle! I don't think I've had any issues commenting on your blog ever. It's a great card but I can't bring myself to say the C word in June, lol :-D
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Stacy, I do like the cards. I think the plaid is lovely, sets the whole thing off. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #19 X

SumBunneh said...

Aww I love the spots on your feet.. so sweet. Both are beautiful :)

Sumbunneh hugs x
Erika #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Stacy, I think the problem you are talking about with blogger is that we are not getting comments sent to our emails. I have contacted Google and they know there is a problem which they are trying to sort out and yes if you leave your own message and click on Email follow up comments you will get all comments that relate to that post. Hope that helps. Oh and I mustn't forget to say I love your Christmas card. Have a great woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x16x

Hazel said...

Love the Christmas card baubles - thanks for sharing. Hazel WOYWW #22 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I agree with Angela. That's how to get your comments to show in e-mails. What I don't understand is, why people even use e-mails to get their comments in the first place. I just respond to every blogger who leaves me a comment and everyone who is part of a blog hop. But, I'm NOT fond of e-mail, since mine got hacked a long time ago.

I can't believe you are already making C cards. What a way to get the jump on things, I guess. This one is beautiful, even though you have found some faults with it. I'd gladly love to receive it at Christmas. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Sarah Brennan said...

I like the plaid background Stacy, it ties in beautifully with the foliage. I don't seem to have any problems commenting on your blog and people can comment on my blog's FB page now if they can't on my blog itself. Have a good week. Sarah #4

Heather M said...

Hi Stacy, I like the plaid background. I used a similar one on some Christmas cards last year. Looked very festive. Thanks for stopping by earlier. If I do get hubby the teeshirt, I will take a pic of him in it! Have a lovely week Heather x #14

Kelly said...

HI Stacy! I've not been by here in awhile. I'll try to do better. Thanks for your visit. I think I've figured out how to store those retired SU ribbons. I just try to keep even retired SU product separate from my other three drawers of fibers. May have a solution to show in a couple of weeks. Creative Blessings! Kellly #24