8.27.2024

Watercoloring Abstract Blooms

 This week Brenda has chosen this video seen here on YouTube for doing a simple abstract row of blooms. titled "An easy way to paint flower with watercolor " by nasim art.

I did start this on a scrap of Arches cold press with some Daniel Smith moonglow moving into shadow violet (both of these are granulating colors) 

I had made myself a cheat sheet the week that I did the Solalite Trans red oxide landscape challenge and I thought this was interesting. You can find an complete list of granulating colors Daniel Smith has here on their web site. 

They have a complete list of colors here. ( I do not own all the colors but, I do have probably between around 75 ish of them I'd guess.) 

I did add some shadows and stems to this while it was still damp.

And a few more trying to  blend in some more shadows the way it was shown more of a wet into dryish paper so, it did get some harsh lines. 


Did add some stray grass blades and more splatters to the bottom and decided this did not look too bad for a trial run and finished it into a small A2 card.

The cardbase here is some old Stampin' Up! Going grey and This actually has a little more soft purple tones to it in real life than this photo shows. I am not sure what I am doing with it as of yet, so I just saved some space for a greeting in the lower corner. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.






No comments: