8.02.2024

Inspired by {Discount Magazines }

 This week Julie is sharing the discount magazines site where I found this Santa coloring book and stopped looking after that. ( I honestly typed Christmas in their search box after I seen how many pages of magazines they offer) So, I started with stamping this Stamps Happen Fiddlestix Santa holding stars stamp on some cold press Arches cotton watercolor paper.

and I gave him a layer of paints using the stamp index sticker as a jump start since it played nicely with the colors of the coloring book cover. I added some white gel pen to his cheeks and I used a grey fine line pen to add some details to his face and the edges of his coat, eyebrows etc. I cut this panel down with scissors and then I cut the window frame (Hero Arts) from some textured grey DCWV and put it up on foam pop dots to make some more depth.

The little Noel is from the lili of the Valley Grungy Christmas sentiments set, stamped and inked with some dox vintage photo and there is a bit of clear stickles glitter glue over the dried paint on the holly berry. The trio of pine sprigs are from the Simon Says Stamp pine needle trio set and I did cut two of them from some old green maybe artichoke and the third from some textured die cuts with a view. the bow here is from the Penny Black whirl wreath set and that script printed paper I have no clue, I fished it out of the scrap bin and it has no mfg info on the back. This one finished out at 5 1/2" square in real life. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.

No comments: