8.06.2024

Watercoloring a Bright easy blend bloom

 This week Kia is sharing this video from Creationsceecee that is a bookmark. She does have the image available as a printable sketch but, when I seen that the video is nearly an hour long and I knew I would have to wait until I went to work on Monday to print one. ( printing at home never goes well) I started watching and after about 14 minutes in, I decided the main focus of the tutorial is to start dark to light and blend the paints on the petals leaving white veins. So, I started poking around in my stamps and came across this Stripe Poppy from Impress stamps, and I had hot press Arches in the drawer. So I stamped one with some Versafine Clair morning mist ink. 

I decided it was just a trial thing to see how hard it was because, you know she makes it look effortless right? 


 I did end up moving to a smaller brush as this is a very narrow sliver or space in between the veins & as I started this I knew I did not have the same yellow she used so I started with Burnt Sienna but, ended up moving to New Gamboge and that blended together in a bright happy mix. 


I did bounce around doing a petal sliver here and there and such until most of the flower was done. 


I did add more of the orange to the crevices to add a little more depth/shadow to this since the petals were more one layer and flat-ish. 

After that I finished watching the rest of the video thinking you know there would be something I missed if I didn't and so. It does end with the center of the bloom getting gold gel pen dots for faux stamens or something so. I decided to grab a lime bottle of stickles for dots that shimmer along my stamens.

Before I added the glitter I found a sheet of this Graphic45 print and I cut a hole in the center with a Mat Basics Spellbinders square die and then mounted the watercolor paper behind the hole. 

It will more than likely become a Birthday card at some point but, this is how it stands at the moment with no greeting on it yet. This one finished out at 6" square in real life. If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.







No comments: