8.13.2024

Watercoloring a Granulated Landscape

 Hi & Welcome back, It's my turn to host the watercoloring tutorial this week and I have chosen this one seen here on YouTube by Anastasia Mily. (the whole name of this video is A Quick and Loose Watercolour Landscape using 2 colours only. Which happen to be Sodalite Genuine And Transparent Red Oxide by Daniel Smith. The colors is what drew me in on this one. I love how the granulated colors look here and the space was big enough to show that off. A lot of time when you are painting things to be scaled down to a card size you don't see that much of the color change when its a busy painting and or a small one. 

So I started with a piece of Arches cold press wc paper cut to just under A7 in real life and used some Gorilla tape for the horizon line. 

I left this to dry.



Removed that first row of tape, moved the line down a smidge and started on the foreground. (and it was not quite dark enough even being wet. So, I kept adding more paint and splatters to it.

I was not all that sure where I was going to stop so, I did add more water and paints to this. changed the shape of the bottom a little. 

This is what I stopped at to let it dry.


When dry that second piece of tape came off to look like so. I did manage to get a few red splatters in the sky but, they are pretty faint and small so, I left them. 


Added in the trees and birds. sometime after I shot this snapshot I did mix the soladite & tran red oxide and did get a deeper brown shade there but, most the mixing I did do on the paper like it was shown in the video. 


What it looked like when I stopped tossing paint on it. I did let this sit being pressed under the bars of my Big Shot while I was at work today and then pulled it out a few hours before this went live to make it a simple card. I had shot this thinking I was going to crop it smaller and ended up leaving it just like so. 

I added it to an brown A7 cardstock base and then stamped the Gina K. Sentiment with some Versafine to the front. ( the insides blank still) but, I am leaning towards birthday card here. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.




No comments: