8.20.2024

Watercoloring a super loose rainbow

 This week Angie is sharing this super loose rainbow tutorial seen here on YouTube by Diane Antone Studios. So, I grabbed my notebook pad to see if the colors I had left over in the pallets would look OK together. 

So, this was the wet version and I walked away and let it dry.


It got a little muddy and I think part of the problem was the paper so, when I went to do the card front I did switch to Arches hot press smooth paper and stamped an Impression Obsession Angel Baby dog with some Versafine Morning mist ink into the corner to be one cloud.

This is using the same colors as the trial run except the cloud here has some very light Indgo paint. 


I did drop in a smidge more paint into a few spots in the rainbow while it was damp, and then I used an Stardream gelly roll pen on the clouds dots & the halo for slight sparkle and then used a white gel pen for hearts in the color bands. The sentiment I think may be from Gina K. but, I really don't know for sure anymore I am finding that I have so many entries inside the evernote program that it does not find things for me when I search it anymore and I am probably going to give that up.

I cut the painted panel with an Spellbinders mat die and then used the paper rose lots and lots of squares (the largest one) in the set on that piece of slightly minty printed paper for the mat. I did tape those pieces back together again on the back side. And the finished size of this is actually 6" square in real life. This was really a quick and easy card to do so, since I also have the baby kitty cloud stamp I may do a second one as a cat sympathy just for the stash as it's nearly always easier to do sympathy cards when you do not need them. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: