7.30.2024

watercoloring dot butterfly & bloom

 This week Linda is sharing a video from watercolor easy tutorials seen here on YouTube. Yes, this is one of those things that she makes look very easy. I decided to give it a whirl on some (good) arches paper cut to an A6 size using Daniel Smith paints. 


this is where I stopped with this I really did not like the wings here and I did do them free hand from what I remembered of the video. 


So I tried sketching the wings the way the video shows them then did some more free hand wings on the top right empty space corner of the first painting.

I happened to snap a shot of some while I was watering earlier as a way to see the shadows on a white daisy type shaped bloom.


 and then I did the second one on the left this one is smaller but, also on Arches cold press with Daniel Smith paints. 

I think the flower turned out better on the first one but, that's OK. I don't really have a plan for these and this is where I stopped. 

Taking a photo with a camera did darken the colors a little. It's I am sure the back lighting coming through the window behind where I shoot mug shots in the evening. such is life. :) If you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at SCS. thanks for stopping by.


No comments: