6.14.2022

Watercoloring wings values

 This week Linda has shared with us this tutorial on creating depth with values of paint layers. You can see the video here on YouTube. So, I decided to just use this Penny Black blue wings stamp as it's pretty big and I figured I would have wiggle room to see the paint flow on it. I stamped it with some pale green Memento ink on Arches cotton cold press paper. I did switch out the third color of pink for green and I think this works OK.


First layer of paint ( while wet ) 

Second layer of paint also still mostly wet.

Third layer when more on the dry side and looking at it I decided that it needed a little more shadows on the edges in spots and also decided to add some dark green paint to some of the veins of the wings and such. 

When I pulled the paint off I had a leak of it on the bottom right corner so, I ended up cutting the piece down to fit a 6" square. Thought the pale green of this shade of bazzill played well with the other colors and left it blank. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us, Thanks for stopping by.





No comments: